What is the purpose of this website?
- To provide chiropractors with the recent relevant research literature on chiropractic care.
- To provide chiropractors with the knowledge to share the science in easy to understand language for patients.
Tips from Dr Heidi Haavik
Is the research evidence-based?
Yes. For almost two decades our research team at the Centre for Chiropractic Research at the New Zealand College of Chiropractic have been producing award-winning, cutting-edge research that has transformed our understanding of how chiropractic care actually works.
We now appreciate that adjusting a subluxation impacts brain function in a very important way. We now understand that chiropractic care essentially improves the accuracy with which the brain communicates with the body and the way it interprets information from our environment. Despite this being a complex topic of neurophysiology, our team have been able to translate this scientific evidence into an easy to understand language with simple analogies that easily explain the intricate ways the brain works.
This patient education system will transform patients understanding and appreciation of what Chiropractors do by covering the scientific evidence in a fun and insightful way.
What topics are covered and will there be more?
We have a growing content library. Our initial videos are based on information outlined in The Reality Check and have been considered to convey the effects of being adjusted to your patients in a fun and entertaining manner.
- Cerebellum research
- Subclinical pain vs healthy
- Reliability vs indicators
- Autonomic system effects
- Posture effects on chiropractic and health
- Chiropractic and balance
- Motor control effects
- Sensory processing effects
- Sensorimotor integration effects
- Cerebrovascular safety
- Musculoskeletal side effects
- Sports performance & injuries
- Acute lower back pain & cervical (neck) pain
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Autism & ADHD
How often is the content updated?
We’re adding new videos or social media content every month. Each topic provides an overview of the evidence up until the time it was officially released. If you are aware of a new publication on any given topic that you think we should include, please contact us.
How do I cancel my subscription?
You can find the cancel button by going to your account and by scrolling down to Purchases & Billing. You have the option to update your credit card details, or cancel your payment. Once you have cancelled your payment, you still have access to your membership for the remainder of your subscription.
To cancel your subscription from a Personal Paypal account:
- Go to Paypal
- Log in to your Paypal account
- Select ‘Profile’ at the top of the page
- Click or tap ‘My money’
- Select ‘Update’ beside ‘My preapproved payments’
- Click or tap on your Haavik Research subscription
- Select ‘Cancel’
To cancel your subscription from a Business Paypal account:
- Go to your account overview in Paypal
- Select the ‘Tools’ section
- Review your subscriptions
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns. The Reality Check is a product of Haavik Research.
- Haavik Research
- PO Box 35036, Browns Bay
Auckland 0753, New Zealand
Send us an email
Please complete the form below to contact us via email.