What is the purpose of this website?
- To give you confidence and clarity about what it is you do.
- To provide you with the recent relevant research literature on chiropractic care.
- To provide you with a way to share the science in easy to understand language for patients.
Tips from Dr Heidi Haavik
Is the research evidence-based?
Yes. For almost two decades our research team at the Centre for Chiropractic Research at the New Zealand College of Chiropractic have been producing award-winning, cutting-edge research that has transformed our understanding of how chiropractic care actually works.
We now appreciate that adjusting a subluxation impacts brain function in a very important way. We now understand that chiropractic care essentially improves the accuracy with which the brain communicates with the body and the way it interprets information from our environment. Despite this being a complex topic of neurophysiology, our team have been able to translate this scientific evidence into an easy to understand language with simple analogies that easily explain the intricate ways the brain works.
This patient education system will transform patient’s understanding and appreciation of what chiropractors do by covering the scientific evidence in a fun and insightful way.
What topics are covered?
We have a growing content library. Our initial videos are based on information outlined in The Reality Check and have been considered to convey the effects of being adjusted to your patients in a fun and entertaining manner.
How often is the content updated?
We add two pieces of content every month. Mostly, you receive Science Gems and Public Animations. We also release short, to-the-point snippets and quotes for sharing on social media, summary handouts for your practice and presentations so that you can offer health talks to your communities.
How do I cancel my subscription or update my credit card details?
- Go to your account
- Scroll down to Purchases & Billing
- You have the option to update your credit card details or cancel your payment
Once you have cancelled your payment, you still have access to your membership for the remainder of your subscription.
To cancel your subscription from a Personal Paypal account:
- Go to Paypal
- Log in to your Paypal account
- Select ‘Profile’ at the top of the page
- Click or tap ‘My money’
- Select ‘Update’ beside ‘My preapproved payments’
- Click or tap on your Haavik Research subscription
- Select ‘Cancel’
To cancel your subscription from a Business Paypal account:
- Go to your account overview in Paypal
- Select the ‘Tools’ section
- Review your subscriptions